Broccolini Bow-Tie Pasta Bake
Recipe type: Main Dishes
Serves: 6 servings
Bow-tie pasta (aka Farfalle) combine with broccolini and other vegetables in a delicious baked pasta dish. A no-boil approach to the pasta makes this an easy dish to prepare.
- 1 yellow onion, ½" dice
- 1 green bell pepper, ½" dice
- 1 bunch baby broccoli (broccolini), roughly chopped
- 1 lb sliced baby bella or crimini mushrooms
- 1 15 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat a 12 inch dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute the peppers, onions, and broccolini for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook another 3-5 minutes, or until the onions are somewhat
- translucent and the other vegetables are softened. Do not overcook.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and prepared spaghetti sauce.
- Use ⅔ cup of water to rinse out sauce jar into the pan with other ingredients
- Raise heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add uncooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Cook, covered, for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Add cheese to top, recover, and cook another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve with fresh-baked bread and a simple salad.