The Most Moist Apple Walnut Raisin Bread Recipe You'll Find
Get your apple a day in this yummy moist quick bread. It is delicious warm from the oven as a healthy snack or smeared with cream cheese for breakfast. It is a favorite in our house.
Apple Walnut Raisin Bread Recipe
Recipe type: Apple Walnut Raisin Bread
- 1½ cup of diced apples. I use organic and leave the skin intact
- 1 cup applesauce (adds moisture and more apple flavor)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts - chopped
- Mix eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix dry incredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet incredients into the dry ones and mix.
- Fold in the apples, raisins, and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a 9x5 greased loaf pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or when toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy. This makes a delightfully different bread that everyone will love.
If you like this recipe, you might also like to try our easy and healthy Banana Nut Bread recipe. It was my mom's and is another favorite. I keep a loaf or two in the freezer so I can have it handy when unexpected guests drop by. Its also treat with ice cream.