I LOVE caesar salad. It's one of my favorites, and generally my choice if it is a choice when eating out. I also love to have Caesar Salad at home, but some bottled dressings are just a little too heavy on the Anchovy.
I make my own dressing without anchovies and it's perfect. I make this up every few days, it's not something that can keep forever because of the mayo - but it's so tasty you'll wonder why you never made your own before this!
Easy Caesar Salad No Anchovies No Eggs Recipe
Chef: Carrie H.
Recipe type: Salad
This recipe gets it's "egg" component from the Mayonnaise. Mayo is a good substitute because it's pasteurized and shelf stable. You should refrigerate this dressing - and only keep it a few days.
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- ½ ts. dry mustard (I use Colemans)
- 2½ - 3 tbs red wine vinegar, to your taste
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- In a blender combine all of the ingredients but the olive oil.
- Blend well - you may need to add a tsp or two of water to help with the blending
- with your blender on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the hole in the lid until the whole recipe comes together and is imulsified