Garlic Olive Pasta Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 8 servings
A tasty pasta satad perfect for a summer picnic or a light meal
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (Garlic Gold is wonderful)
- 2 tablespoons brine from the olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- ½ cup olives, pitted and sliced ( I use a selection of different olives from the grocery olive bar)
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1 T chopped garlic
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced fine
- ¼ cup red onion, diced fine
- 2 zucchini, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta al dente and drain well. Do not rinse.
- Prepare vegetables while pasta cooks.
- Pour the olive oil into a large bowl.
- Whisk in the olive brine and balsamic vinegar along with a pinch of salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- This salad is best served at room temperature.
- If the salad is a little dry the next day, just stir in a bit more olive oil.
I really like your recipe. I really like to cook this for my children. They love such delicious dishes