When there is little time to make dinner and the family is getting hungry it is important to come up with a quick meal. There is nothing quite like a nice hot meal when it is cold outside or you need a little pick up after a long day at work. This layered hot dish is a great way to prepare and serve dinner fast with minimal preparation or clean up. Read on to learn how to prepare this delicious meal.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 ½ Pounds Ground Beef
• 1 Pound Frozen Corn
• 1 Pound Frozen Green Beans
• 1 Pound of Potatoes
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
• ½ Teaspoon Pepper
• 4 Tablespoons Butter
• ¼ Cup of Milk
• 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
Supplies You Need
• Large Mixing Bowl
• 2 Medium Sauce Pans
• Steamer Insert for Pan
• 1 Medium Frying Pan
• Electric Mixer
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Large Casserole Dish
Preparing the Meal
• You will want to start by cutting up the potatoes in small pieces and putting them in one of the sauce pans to boil. This is the longest part of making the whole dish.
• Then you take your medium fry pan out and brown the ground beef on medium heat.
• While your potatoes are boiling and ground beef is starting to cook you will want to start the vegetables. Put the steamer in the second sauce pan with water and add the bag of frozen corn and green beans. Bring to a boil and let steam until vegetables are hot.
• Add the tablespoon of seasoning salt to the ground beef and cook for a couple of more minutes then set the fry pan aside.
• When the potatoes are soft enough to easily stick a fork into them you should drain the water. Then add the teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, 4 tablespoons of butter and ¼ cup of milk. Use your electric mixer with beaters to mash the potatoes to a smooth and fluffy consistency.
• Take your ground beef and drain all the oil and fat that cooked off of the meat. Then place the ground beef in the bottom of your large casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
• Next drain the steamed vegetables and put them in an even layer them on top of the ground beef.
• Then place the whipped potatoes on top of the ground beef and vegetables making sure to cover the whole casserole dish.
• You can serve immediately since the food will all be fresh and hot or you can cover and put the casserole dish in the over on 300 degrees to keep warm.
This layered hot dish is an easy dinner and makes great leftovers to take with you to work or eat for lunch at home. Do not be afraid to add more vegetables if you want more color and nutrients in the dish. This is one of those dishes you can make your own and change up the middle layer to make it a little different each time. Have fun making this easy and delicious meal.