Gingersnap Cookies Recipe
One of the most satisfying holiday cookies my grandmother would make are gingersnaps. They taste wonderful with a glass of eggnog or a mug of hot chocolate. To bring the smell of the holidays into your home this year prepare a batch of gingersnap cookies.
Ingredients You Need
• ¾ Cup of Softened Butter
• 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
• ¼ Cup of Molasses
• 1 Egg
• 2 ¼ Cups of All-Purpose Flour
• 2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
• ½ Teaspoon of Salt
• 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
• 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
• ½ Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
• ½ Cup of Granulated Sugar
• Non-Stick Spray or Butter
Supplies You Need
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Medium Mixing Bowl
• Measuring Spoons
• Measuring Cups
• Electric Beaters
• Cookie Sheet
Making the Cookies
• Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure it is ready to go when the cookie dough is complete.
• In your medium mixing bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and ground cloves. Mix together with mixing spoon until all dry ingredients are mixed well.
• In your large mixing bowl combine your egg, softened butter, brown sugar and molasses. Using your electric beaters mix all the ingredients together for about 3 or 4 minutes.
• Slowly add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients making sure to mix with the electric beaters in between. This will ensure that the cookie dough is mixed thoroughly.
• Once dough is all mixed together take your cookie sheet and spray it with non-stick spray or rub it with butter. Then roll your dough into small balls and roll the dough balls in a dish of granulated sugar before placing them on the cookie sheet.
• When you have the sheet full making sure the cookie dough balls are 2 inches apart, place them in the oven for about 12 minutes.
• Remove promptly and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before transferring the cooking to a plate and starting the next batch. This dough should make about 5 dozen cookies.
Enjoy your gingersnap cookies fresh out of the oven or package them in a tin to share with your family and friends.