Here's an easy to make lite dessert recipe that is healthy, delicious, and attractive to serve.
Strawberries with Amaretto Cream Sauce
Options - Try cream sauce with blackberries, blueberries, or mixed berries. Brandy can be substituted for amaretto.
- 1 package of fresh strawberries - washed and hulled
- 8 oz of sour cream - low fat and fat free work great
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar - more if you like it sweeter
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- In a glass bowl mix the sour cream, brown sugar, and amaretto well, use a wire whisk if you can
- Place strawberries in a pretty glass serving dish, drizzle cream sauce over top. Sprinkle almonds if desired.
Want more healthy eating ideas? Check out our article on Mixed Berry Pie and the Key Relevance Factors for Grading Honey and