Here's an easy to make lite dessert recipe that is healthy, delicious, and attractive to serve.
Strawberries with Amaretto Cream Sauce
Options - Try cream sauce with blackberries, blueberries, or mixed berries. Brandy can be substituted for amaretto.
- 1 package of fresh strawberries - washed and hulled
- 8 oz of sour cream - low fat and fat free work great
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar - more if you like it sweeter
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- In a glass bowl mix the sour cream, brown sugar, and amaretto well, use a wire whisk if you can
- Place strawberries in a pretty glass serving dish, drizzle cream sauce over top. Sprinkle almonds if desired.