Summer wouldn't be complete without Berry Pie and this is my all time favorite berry pie recipe. Not only does it taste out of this world, but its full of antioxidants to help keep you healthy so you can enjoy it and be guilt-free.
This mixed berry pie recipe - from scratch no less - is surprisingly simple and fast. The lemon juice and the lemon zest are the secret ingredients that really bring out the berry flavor.
Mixed Berry Pie Recipe - Blueberry, Blackberry and Strawberry
Recipe type: Dessert
- 9-inch Deep Dish Pie Crust (with top)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoon grated lemon peel (I like zest so I put in the 3)
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare crust in deep dish. Wash and pat dry berries.
- Combine berries, sugar, flour, salt, lemon peel, and lemon juice in mixing bowl.
- Add berry mixture to pie shell.
- Drop butter bits on top.
- Add the top crust and seal. You can use any extra dough to decorate top. Cut a couple of slits in top crust.
- Take beaten egg and brush it on the top crust to give it a shiny finished look.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 20 minutes.
- Cover pie with foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Crust should be lightly browned and juices should bubble.
- Once cooled, serve with ice cream for a memorable dessert experience.
The following review was submitted by a reader, I hope you have as much luck with this recipe as this contributor did. We'd love to hear about it, let us know how you did by commenting below!
Mixed Berry Pie Recipe Review
Amazing Berry Pie – Great Recipe!
Mixed Berry Pie with Blueberry, Blackberry and Strawberry
Written by: Jaycee F
Date Published: 09/07/2012
When I first found this recipe it grabbed my attention because in past experience, a mixed berry pie always consisted of two “red” berries, this one was most decidedly blue by comparison. The flavor was amazing, please be sure to adjust your sugar based on the ripeness of your berries, I had very ripe berries so I cut back a tad, it was WONDERFUL and I received requests for more when it disappeared in less than 24-hours. Thanks for a great recipe!
5 / 5 stars
This looks DELICIOUS! Now I know what else to make with our wild blackberries and blueberries. Will have to buy some strawberries, but yum!!
Wow, I love all kinds of berries so I’m definitely going to try this pie recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
Wow!!! This recipe is the best. It sounds perfect for a summer or spring day. I will definitely try it.
I just made this pie with a few changes. I used 2 cup raspberries a cup of blueberries and a cup of strawberries. It taste so good…it is a little on the watery side though, im not sure if the change in fruit did that but its not horrible. This was my first pie so if anyone wants to let me know how ot make it less watery or juicy let me know!
We are going berry picking this weekend so I was very happy to find this recipe. It sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing.
It needs more flour to adsorb some of the juices. Other than that it was a good pie.
Hello, I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy reading your website. I am a regular ready and I’ve actually added the site to my website’s list of favorite links to read. Keep the good stuff coming!
I made this pie today except I added Cherries instead of the
blackberries. This is a great pie. Thanks