Summer wouldn't be complete without Berry Pie and this is my all time favorite berry pie recipe. Not only does it taste out of this world, but its full of antioxidants to help keep you healthy so you can enjoy it and be guilt-free.
This mixed berry pie recipe - from scratch no less - is surprisingly simple and fast. The lemon juice and the lemon zest are the secret ingredients that really bring out the berry flavor.
- 9-inch Deep Dish Pie Crust (with top)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoon grated lemon peel (I like zest so I put in the 3)
- 3 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare crust in deep dish. Wash and pat dry berries.
- Combine berries, sugar, flour, salt, lemon peel, and lemon juice in mixing bowl.
- Add berry mixture to pie shell.
- Drop butter bits on top.
- Add the top crust and seal. You can use any extra dough to decorate top. Cut a couple of slits in top crust.
- Take beaten egg and brush it on the top crust to give it a shiny finished look.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 20 minutes.
- Cover pie with foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Crust should be lightly browned and juices should bubble.
- Once cooled, serve with ice cream for a memorable dessert experience.
The following review was submitted by a reader, I hope you have as much luck with this recipe as this contributor did. We'd love to hear about it, let us know how you did by commenting below!