Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe That Is So Healthy You'll Make It Over and Over Again
Cooler weather makes me think of baking and home-made banana nut bread is one of my all time favorites.
Here's my mom's famous banana nut bread recipe that I'll share with you. My mom used to make several at once and we would wrap up the extra ones and freeze them for later.
This recipe is the best from scratch banana nut recipe I've tried. The secret is beating the egg whites separately until they are fluffy. It's worth the extra step.
- ½ cup Butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks (put whites in a separate bowl for mixing later)
- 3 mashed bananas (the more ripe they are the sweeter the bread)
- 4 TBSP buttermilk
- 1 TSP Vanilla (sometimes I add a little extra)
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup nuts
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg yolks, bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they are stiff. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the main mixture and mix. Now fold in the egg whites and the nuts.
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes (depends on pan). 25 min for mini loaf pans.
Happy Eating! My mom would be pleased her banana nut recipe lives on. It is a source of yummy memories for all my family. We often make a number of loaves and freeze them and then give them away during the holiday season. Do you know anyone who doesn't love banana bread?
If you like fruit recipes, you might also try the mixed berry pie recipe. It is delicious, easy to make, and very healthful.