If you are in the mood for waffles and would love to make them from scratch then this is the recipe for you. My husband and I make these waffles for our son and each other all the time. They are simple and perfect for the waffle maker.
We also make homemade maple syrup with the maple flavoring as an alternative to pure maple syrup which is expensive. You will love these delicious waffles and maple syrup for breakfast right along with your children.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 ¾ Cups Flour
• 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
• ½ Teaspoon Salt
• 2 Eggs
• 1 ¾ Cups Milk
• ½ Cup Cooking Oil or Melted Butter
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• ½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
• ½ Teaspoon Maple Flavor
• 2 Cups Sugar
• 1 Cup Water
Materials You Need
• Small Sauce Pan with Lid
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Electric Mixer
• Measuring Spoons
• Measuring Cups
• Waffle Maker
Preparing the Waffle Batter
• You will want to begin by taking out your large mixing bowl and cracking the two eggs into it. Use the electric mixer to fluff the eggs nicely.
• Then you measure out the 1 ¾ cups of milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon almond extract and ½ cup of oil or butter and add them to the bowl. Use the electric mixer on high for two to three minutes to ensure they are mixed together thoroughly.
• Now it is time to add the dry ingredients. Start by adding the 3 teaspoons of baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt to the mixing bowl and mix well with the electric mixer. Then add the 1 ¾ cups of flour slowly, mixing with the electric mixer with each part of the flour you add.
• Once the waffle batter is mixed well with the electric mixer. Set aside and turn on your waffle maker. Wait for the waffle maker to be ready to cook and heat up properly.
Preparing the Maple Syrup
• Begin making the maple syrup by putting 1 cup of water in the small sauce pan with a lid on it and bringing it to a boil.
• Once the water is boiling add ½ teaspoon of maple flavor and slowly add the two cups of sugar, stirring well with the whisk.
• Bring the syrup to a boil as you are stirring consistently. Once it boils remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool down a bit so it is not too hot to serve.
Cooking and Serving the Waffles
With the batter ready to go and the syrup ready all you need to do is cook the waffles. Use the directions that came with your waffle maker as most have indicator lights. These lights allow you to know when the maker is ready to cook and when the waffles are finished cooking. Another indicator that the waffles are finished is when they are golden on both sides.
Serve the fresh waffles with butter and syrup and cut them into small pieces for your kids. You cannot go wrong with these delicious waffles in the morning for your family.