If you are looking for a delicious meal to serve your family then this is the perfect recipe. My Mother’s fabulous chicken satay with peanut sauce is tasty and goes well with rice and vegetables. This is one of my favorite Thai dishes. Since it does not take too much time to make this is the perfect last minute dinner.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 Tablespoon Yellow Curry Powder
• 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
• 1 Can Coconut Milk (about 13 ounces)
• ½ Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
• 4 Large Chicken Breasts
• Thai Peanut Sauce
Supplies You Need
• Cutting Board
• Sharp Knife
• Measuring Spoons
• Measuring Cups
• Large Baking Dish
• Broiling Pan
• Can Opener
How to Make Chicken Satay
• Wash the chicken breasts and place them on the cutting board. Cut the long way of the chicken breasts into ½ in slices. Set the chicken on the cutting board aside.
• Take out the coconut milk, open the can and pour it into the large baking dish. Add the tablespoon of curry powder and teaspoon of fish sauce to the coconut milk in the dish. Mix thoroughly with the whisk.
• Place the cut chicken breast strips in the baking dish to marinade for two to four hours. Make sure that the strips of chicken are fully submerged to ensure the chicken has plenty of flavor.
• Once the marinating time is up turn on your oven to high broil. Remove the strips of chicken from the marinade and place on the broiling pan. After the oven is preheated to temperature place the broiling pan into the oven and set the timer for ten minutes.
• After ten minutes take out the broiling pan and flip the chicken strips with a fork and put them back in the oven. Set the timer for seven minutes. When the timer goes off check the chicken and put back in for another three to five minutes or until fully cooked.
• Remove the broiling pan, turn the oven off and take the chicken strips off the pan and place on a plate. Now your chicken satay is ready to serve.
Now that you have finished your chicken satay make sure you have the peanut sauce out and ready to go. Have a pot of rice and a vegetable side made while the chicken is cooking so you can enjoy them together. Serve several pieces of chicken satay on each plate with a dollop of peanut sauce and your side dishes. Enjoy the meal and be ready for a little kick. Most of the Thai peanut sauces you buy at the store are spicy so be prepared for a little spiciness.