Easy Cuban Black Beans
Recipe type: Main Course
Cuisine: Cuban, Vegan, Vegetarian
Starting with canned black beans makes this an easy work-night meal. Comes together and cooks in the time it takes to make the rice to serve it over. Also excellent with a crusty bread as a side dish,
- 3 cans Black Beans
- 1 can Fire Roasted tomatoes with basil and garlic
- ½ T dried oregano
- 2 T chopped garlic
- 1 t ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Fancy Version adds
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T red wine vinegar or the juice of ½ a lime
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes (while rice cooks), stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Saute pepper and onion together in oil in a pan for a few minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and saute one more minute.
- Add to remaining ingredients in saucepan and cook as above.
- Add vinegar or lime just before serving.