Garbanzos and Spinach
Recipe type: Side Dish
Garbanzos and spinach combine to make a delicious side dish with just a hint of cumin. Add rice or quinoa to use as a main course.
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- Saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat about 3 minutes, then add garlic and continue to saute until onions are sotened (about 5 minutes total).
- Add remaining ingredients and heat another two minutes, stirring frequently. While stirring, mash garbanzos to break them up somewhat.
- Serve as a side dish or serve over prepared quinoa as a main course.