When it comes to carrot cake this is hands down one of the most delicious recipes I have ever tasted. The cake is not too sweet and has the perfect level of moistness so you can enjoy every bite. Topped with sweet cream cheese frosting you cannot go wrong. To share in the enjoyment of this delicious cake give Auntie Janet’s recipe a try. You will not be disappointed.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 Pound of Whole Carrots
• 3 Whole Eggs
• 2 Cups of Sugar
• 2 Cups of Flour
• 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
• 1 ½ Teaspoons of Baking Soda
• 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
• ½ Cup of Chopped Walnuts
• ¾ Cup of Corn Oil
• 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese
• 4 Tablespoons of Butter
• 2 Cups Confection Sugar
• 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
Supplies You Need
• Vegetable Peeler
• Small & Large Sauce Pans
• Potato Masher
• Paring Knife
• Large Strainer
• Electric Beaters
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Cooling Rack
• Small, Medium & Large Mixing Bowls
• Glass Baking Dish: 9 inch x 13 inch x 2 inch
How to Make the Cake
• Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and taking out all the necessary ingredients and supplies.
• Peel the pound of carrots and cut off ends with a paring knife. Put the carrots into the large sauce pan with water and boil until soft. Once the carrots are soft drain them in a strainer and mash them with the potato masher until all large lumps are gone. Set aside.
• In the large mixing bowl put the three whole eggs and two cups of sugar. Beat until smooth using the electric beaters. Once complete add the mashed carrots and corn oil. Beat again until they are all mixed together.
• In the medium mixing bowl measure and add the following ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix these ingredients together around with a fork to ensure they are not clumped together.
• Slowly pour the dry ingredients in the medium mixing bowl into the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. After you add each amount mix well with the electric beaters. Once all the batter is mixed together thoroughly add the chopped walnuts and mix with a fork
• Pour the batter evenly into the ungreased (9 in x 13 in x 2 in) pan and bake for one hour. Set the timer for 45 minutes to check the cake to see if it is getting too brown on the top. Once finish baking take out the pan and place it on a cooling rack. Let cake cool for about an hour.
Making the Frosting
• In the small mixing bowl place your 8 ounces of room temperature cream cheese, confection sugar and vanilla extract. Mix with the electric beaters until smooth.
• In a small sauce pan place the 4 tablespoons of butter and cook on low until the butter is melted. Be sure not to leave it on too long as the butter will burn.
• Add the melted butter to the frosting mixture and continue mixing with the electric beaters until smooth.
• Finally pour frosting over the cooled cake and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula. Place cake in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.