If you need to bring a desert to a party or are looking to bake a cake for a birthday this is the perfect recipe. There is plenty of moisture in this sheet cake so you do not have to worry about serving it with ice cream. Also it is served cold out of the refrigerator so it is perfect to eat any time of the year.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 Package of Marble Cake Mix
• Ingredients on Cake Mix
• 1 Package of Strawberry Gelatin (3oz)
• 1 Envelope of Whipped Topping Mix
• 1 Small Package of Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
• 1 ½ Cups of Cold Milk
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Strawberry Halves or Slices for Garnish
Supplies You Need
• Measuring Spoons
• Measuring Cups
• Mixing Bowl
• 13x9x2 Inch Baking Dish
• Sauce Pan
• Electric Mixer
Making the Cake
• Start by preheating your oven according to the directions on the cake mix and then take your mixing bowl out. Prepare your cake mix as shown on the package and then pour it into the 13x9x2 inch pan and bake as long as they say.
• Once the cake finishes baking remove it from the oven immediately and place it on a cooling rack. Then using a fork or toothpick poke holes as deep as you can into the cake every one inch. Set the cake aside to cool.
• While the cake is cooling put your water on to boil for the gelatin. Once the gelatin is made pour it over the whole cake evenly and then place the cake in the refrigerator.
• Now it is time to make the topping for your cake out of the pudding. Combine the package of whipped topping mix, instant pudding, cold milk and vanilla extract in your mixing bowl. Using your electric beaters mix for about 5 minutes. The topping should be stiff and fluffy.
• Finally top your cake with the pudding whipped topping. Then slice your strawberries in half or slices and lay them evenly around the top to make the cake look pretty. Place the cake in the refrigerator until it is ready to be served.
• You can also freeze this cake for use at a future date if you feel like making an extra one.