If you are looking for a desert to take with you to a holiday celebration or visit a friend this is it. With the perfect balance of sweet chocolate and delicious peanut butter you cannot go wrong with these bars. There are few ingredients and they do not take very long to make so time should not be a problem. Read on to learn how to make these wonderful chocolate peanut butter marshmallow bars.
Ingredients You Need
• 6 Cups of Crispy Rice Cereal
• 10 Ounces of Marshmallows
• 3 Tablespoons of Butter
• ½ Cup & 4 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
• 1 Bag of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Supplies You Need
• Double Boiler Pan
• Large Saucepan
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Mixing Bowl
• Large Mixing Bowl
• 9 x 13 x 1.5 Inch Pan
Making the Bars
• In your large saucepan on low melt the butter and then add the 10 ounces of marshmallows. Stir consistently until the marshmallows are fully melted and mixed with the butter. Remove from the heat and add ½ cup of peanut butter to your marshmallow and butter. Mix together well.
• Take your large mixing bowl and add the crispy rice cereal. Spoon out your marshmallow and peanut butter sticky mixture on top of the crispy rice cereal. Using your large mixing spoon mix until all the crispy rice is coated in the sticky mixture.
• Butter your 9 x 13 x 1.5 inch pan and then spoon your crispy rice mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. Then it is time to make the topping.
• Start your double boiler on low and place the chocolate chips in the top pan. Be sure to watch this carefully as it can burn easily. Stir the chocolate chips until they are fully melted.
• Add the 4 tablespoons of peanut butter once the chocolate is fully melted to create a delicious topping for your bars. Pour the topping on and spread it evenly over the crispy rice peanut butter marshmallow bars. Chill in your fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting into 12 bars.
• Remove the bars with a spatula after you loosen the edges with a knife. Place the bars on a platter and serve immediately. Enjoy!