For an interesting twist to your traditional sheet cake give this banana split recipe a try. With the fun flavors of banana, strawberry and banana you will devour this delicious cake. Take the recipe with you to your local grocery store and make one for the family today. They will be sure to thank you.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 Package of Banana Cake Mix
• OR Vanilla Cake Mix & Banana Flavoring
• Ingredients on Cake Mix
• 1 Package of Strawberry Gelatin (3oz)
• 1 Package of Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
• 1 Envelope of Whipped Topping Mix
• 1 ½ Cups of Cold Milk
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Supplies You Need
• Sauce Pan
• Measuring Spoons
• Measuring Cups
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Electric Mixer
• 13x9x2 Inch Baking Dish
Making the Cake
• Begin making the banana split cake by preparing the basic sheet cake. Use the direction on the package of the cake mix and add banana flavor if you used the plain cake mix. Pour the batter into the 13x9x2 inch pan and bake as long as directed.
• Remove the cake promptly from the oven once fully cooked and then set aside on cooling rack. Now it is time to add the strawberry flavor. Do this by preparing the strawberry gelatin according to the package and then set it aside.
• While the gelatin is cooling use a toothpick or fork to place deep holes in the entire sheet cake. This is to allow the strawberry gelatin to seep deep into the cake. Once your holes are finished pour the gelatin over the whole cake evenly and then place the cake in the refrigerator.
• With your cake finished it is now time to make the delicious chocolate pudding topping. Take out your large mixing bowl and combine the package of whipped topping mix, chocolate instant pudding, cold milk and vanilla extract. Mix for about 5 minutes on high until the topping is stiff and fluffy.
• With the topping complete take the cake out of the refrigerator and place the chocolate pudding whipped topping on the cake. Smooth the topping with a spatula and then place the cake back into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!