For a delicious warm meal this winter make some homemade beef stroganoff. With mouth watering flavors and easy preparation you can whip this meal up in no time. Take a few moments to round up the ingredients at the grocery store on your way home. Your family is sure to thank you.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 Pound of Top Sirloin Beef
• 4 Tablespoons Flour
• ½ Teaspoon Salt
• 4 Tablespoons Butter
• 1 Package of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
• ½ Cup Finely Chopped Onion
• 1 Clove of Garlic (Pressed or Minced)
• 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
• 1 ¼ Cups Beef Broth
• 1 Cup Sour Cream
• 5 Servings of Cooked Egg Noodles or Rice
Supplies You Need
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Large Skillet
• Large Pot with Lid
• Garlic Press if Available
Making the Stroganoff
• Start the water in your pot according to the directions on the package of noodles or rice. Either is a great base for the stroganoff so make your choice based on personal preference. Follow the directions as you do not want to overcook either food.
• Begin making the stroganoff by slicing your top sirloin into thin and short strips so they are bite size pieces. Then put your skillet on medium-low and put two tablespoons of butter in the bottom.
• Once the butter is melted add the top sirloin pieces and mix them around. Sprinkle one tablespoon and ½ teaspoon of salt evenly around the pan before mixing again. Cook until fully brown.
• Then add the sliced mushrooms, finely chopped onion and minced garlic to your pan and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the meat and mushrooms from the pan and place in a bowl.
• Add two tablespoons of butter and the 3 remaining tablespoons of flour to your skillet with the juice left over from cooking the meat. Then add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and the beef broth. Cook on medium until the sauce thickens.
• Once the sauce is nice and thick you add the meat and mushrooms back into the stroganoff along with the sour cream. Cook on low as to not burn the bottom of the pan.
• Serve the beef stroganoff immediately over a fresh bed of rice or egg noodles. Enjoy!