Sometimes, buying a bag of chips is a futile effort. We can demolish every crumb in 5 minutes flat, and then we're out of chips until I can get back to the store.
Because I plan menus, this can throw a wrench in my dinner plans for any given night. I usually always have corn and/or flour tortillas on hand, now I can make my own chips really quickly and easily. You can also use a cute cookie cutter to cut shapes and bake them.
- 8 round corn tortillas (size doesnt matter, but small ones work best)
- Seasonings of your choice - cumin, chili powder, lime salt, lime, etc
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Cut corn tortillas in wedges and lay out on baking sheet
- Sprinkle with herbs, seasoning and/or salt - your choice
- Bake in center of oven for 10-15 minutes until just crispy
- These chips will get crunchier up as they cool