I am a big fan of quick - I work a lot, and I have a family, so getting dinner on the table in a jiffy is really important. I don't compromise on the family dinner table. It's important and we sit down together EVERY night! I love this recipe for it's speed and quickness, but the best part is the taste. This is another one of our recipes that will work just as well over the campfire in your dutch oven! Slice up the chicken & vegetables and throw them in the cooler. Bring containers of salsa and sour cream and a package of tortillas - cook it up over the campfire and enjoy!
If you're looking for an easy and quick dinner, this one is perfect. It's also a great recipe for teens to try as they learn to put a meal on the table.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fiesta fajita seasoning mix, plus
- 1 teaspoon fiesta fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen pepper, strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 lime, halved
- cheese (to garnish)
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Heat 1 Tbsp Oil in your Wok until smoking.
- Add the Chicken, the 1 Tbsp of Seasoning mix, and after they get going, squeeze ½ the Lime inches Stir fry until BARELY done, remove to the side and keep warm.
- In the same wok, heat another little tad of oil if you need to and stir fry the onions and peppers with the 1 tsp of seasoning.
- When they're done to your liking, mix in the chicken and squeeze the other ½ of the lime in and mix up well. Cook until chicken is done through.
- Serve with the tortillas and the other fixings and enjoy!