You Can Never Have Too Many Kitchen Gadgets
Everyone appreciates good food, but those who love cooking appreciate good kitchen gadgets just as much. Read on for our top favorite kitchen tools. These handy tools were designed to make your life easier, save you time, make your culinary creations more authentic... and even give you that expert flair that makes you feel like an old, "seasoned" cooking pro!
Ready for the Top Favorite Kitchen Gadgets? Here goes:
1. The Garlic Press. Thanks to this nifty gadget, long gone are the days of tediously mincing garlic, making a smelly mess! Simply pop a clove into the chamber and squeeze the fresh garlic right where you need it. The Kuhn Rikon Epicurean Garlic Press is a favorite with chefs and will hold up to frequent use.
2. Stick Hand Blender. What are you waiting for? You know you want one. You watched Alton Brown use this on his cooking show, now its your turn. These handy inexpensive immersion blenders are perfect gifts for any cook. No cords, no splatter, and easy on the pocketbook.
3. The KitchenAid Mixer. This popular favorite has stood the test of time for a reason. We love the easily removable bowl, the variety of attachments (including a wire whisk and dough hook), and even the fun fashion colors. With a wide range of wattages and options, there's one for every price range.
4. Silicone Scrapers and Basters. Forget trying to deal with a messy basting brush with bristles full of barbecue sauce. New tools crafted with soft, flexible silicone work just as well, and the cleanup is a breeze. They're stronger and more durable than the old standard plastic, too.
5. Espresso Machines. With the current gourmet coffee craze, more people find themselves wanting to relax at home with a steaming hot espresso rather than run to the nearest Starbucks. New, smaller models make it possible to enjoy this luxury without sacrificing too much kitchen space. Espresso machines cost more than a few beans... but for die-hard java lovers, they're worth every penny!
6. Microplane Zesters and Graters. How many times have you accidentally grated the skin off your knuckles along with your cheese on one of those old block graters? No more with these new style gems. Easy to grip handles and narrow surfaces make it a snap to grate a block of cheese or zest a lemon. Different blade sizes and small versions work well for easy garnishes like chocolate or nutmeg.
7. Spatula/Tongs. Not since the "spork" have two utensils come together in such an ingenius, yet simple pairing. This tool allows you to grab, grip and flip items like burgers or waffles. Larger models for outdoor grilling are available too, with features like serrated edges for puncturing meat and veggies.
8. Digital kitchen scales. Why keep a drawer full of measuring cups and spoons when you can just add ingredients to a scale and measure by weight? Not only is the digital kitchen scale cleaner and quicker, but it's also more accurate - a must, for baking. With new digital readouts, you can't go wrong, and most have removable bowl attachments for easy cleanup.
9. Sili Gourmet Honey Jar. Styled with an old fashioned dipper in a clear dishwasher-safe jar, this attractive honey dispenser is practical and will encourage you to eat more healthy honey. Honey is good for you and contains natural antibacterial properties. Many people with allergies find that eating local honey reduces their allergy problems. This beautiful honey jar is a great way to get honey in your life.
10. Stainless Steel Knives Set An new set of knives can be a work of art. Knives are a traditional wedding gift and for many people its the only set they buy. Do your favorite home chef a big favor and replace their old rusty dull knives with a shiny new stainless steel set. You might get a free dinner out of the deal.
If it's been a while since you've added any new kitchen gadgets to your cabinets, take a walk through your local kitchen store. You'll be amazed at what you can find to help make your life a little easier.