If you are looking for a new and exciting hamburger casserole to serve your family, this is the perfect choice. It gives a new variation of flavor to a traditional layered casserole dinner. With grape tomatoes, chopped cilantro and olives on top to boost the flavor more you will love this unique dish. Give it a try with your family or take it to a party. Compliments are sure to follow.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 ½ Pounds of Lean Ground Beef
• Large Can of Seasoned Diced Tomatoes
• 1 ½ Cups of Frozen Whole Kennel Corn Thawed Out
• ¾ Cup Colby Jack Cheese Grated
• ½ Cup of Flour
• ½ Cup Yellow Cornmeal
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar
• ½ Teaspoon Salt
• 1 ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 Egg Beaten
• 2/3 Cup Milk
• 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
• 1 Cup Red Grape Tomatoes
• ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
• 1/3 Cup Pitted Green Olives
Supplies You Need
• 2 Quart Casserole Dish
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Cheese Grater
• Medium Skillet
• Mixing Bowls
• Sharp Paring Knife
• Cutting Board
Making the Casserole
• Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then put your skillet on the stove and brown all the ground beef. Once it is fully cooked, drain all the fat and add the whole can of seasoned diced tomatoes and 1 cup of corn.
• When the mixture has become hot throughout pour it into the casserole dish. Using your grater prep all the grated cheese and spread ½ cup on top of the ground beef mixture in the casserole dish.
• Now it is time to make the cornbread topping for the casserole. Take your mixing bowl and combine your flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat your egg, milk and oil together in a separate bowl with your whisk and then add it to the dry cornbread mixture.
• Once you have your cornbread topping complete it is time to spread it evenly all over the top of the casserole. Top the dish with the remaining ¼ cup of grated cheese and place it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until topping if fully cooked.
• While your casserole is cooling just a little before serving you can make the topping to add when you serve the dish. Cut your grape tomatoes in half and place them in a separate bowl. Then coarsely chop your cilantro and add that along with the rest of your corn thawed out. Cut the green olives in half and add them before mixing it all together.
This casserole is designed to serve about six people to once you place a serving of casserole on a dish take a spoonful of the topping and place it on top. It is a beautiful addition for this tasty meal. Enjoy!