Turkey Tetrazzini - a delicious turkey casserole
During the holidays we frequently have extra turkey on hand and one of my favorite dinners is to take the leftover turkey and make a yummy Turkey Tetrazzini.
There are a thousand different recipes and variations for Turkey Tetrazzini, but it is basically:
- 2 cups turkey,
- Can or jar of cream sauce,
- 1-2 cups spaghetti noodles,
- 1 can mushrooms
- 1 cup mixed vegetables for color
- Cheese (sprinkled on top)
- To make the cream sauce I will often use either a can of cream of chicken soup (and ¼ cup water) or a jar of Ragu Alfredo sauce (my favorite is the low fat cheesy alfredo sauce). I mix the sauce with a can of mushrooms and vegetables. I then add the diced turkey and noodles and mix it up. I sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Bake in often at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot.
It is delicious and is a great way to use up the Turkey. Enjoy.