I guess, if we go back to the beginning of Easter - it's likely the first holidays were celebrated with a dutch oven type feast. Most meals were cooked in a single pot over a fire - the relative of today's dutch oven? Probably!
We have some great recipes on the blog that will add something special to your Easter table. If you haven't set your Sunday menu yet, give these a try! Some are dutch oven recipes, some are not, but add them all together and you're looking at a fabulous holiday meal!
- Looking for an elegant starter that's easy to prepare? This Creamy Spring Artichoke Soup is a great way to start out a casual or formal holiday meal.
- Not everyone loves ham - or turkey - but a great Dutch Oven Roast Chicken Recipe is a perfect way to celebrate a small Easter get together. More than a few guests? Make two!
- The holiday bread basket can start with store-bought rolls, or get blown into a show stopper with this Hot Cross Buns recipe.
- Side dishes get stale, but we have some suggestions for a fresh approach or two. Try these great Asparagus Recipes and Learn all about this sweet and tasty vegetable. This Steamed Asparagus with Mushrooms recipe is great also!
- Potatoes come mashed or mashed - but we have an idea for something much more interesting. This Potato Apple Gratin recipe will have your guests oohing and aahing - and asking for the recipe.
- Dessert is a great way to send your guests home with a fabulous memory of a great meal at your house. Try out Aunt Janet's Delicious Carrot cake, or this Chocolate Chiffon Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Either is going to make the Easter dinner you host stand out from previous invites your guests have received!