Finding the right soup recipe is a great way to stretch your dollar while serving something filling, warming and hearty. This stuffed bell pepper soup recipe is a great way to extend the grocery budget and serve something yummy.
Give this one a try next time you need something yummy and budget friendly!
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups beef broth or stock, heated
- 1½ to 2 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz can tomato sauce
- 29 oz can diced tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef, onion, garlic and peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add beef stock, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir well and heat through.
- Add uncooked rice and simmer until rice is done - it will only take a few minutes.