Carol's Cranberry Pineapple Jello Salad
Chef: Barbara Wade
Recipe type: Salad
This festive cranberry salad dish brightens up the table. The gelatin can be served over green leaves or put in a crystal bowl to add lovely color to your meal.
- 1 6oz package Raspberry Jello
- 1 16 oz can whole cranberries OR cooked fresh cranberries (see below for cooking cranberries)
- 1⅓ cups boiling water
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- ⅔ cup diced celery
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- If using fresh cranberries, go ahead and cook the cranberries. Normal cranberry sauce recipe is one 16 oz bag fresh cranberries, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar – then cook until berries split and are soft. Cool.
- While cooling cranberry sauce, dissolve Jello in 1⅓ cup boiling water and stir for two minutes. Then add ⅓ cup orange juice.
- Chill, until thick, but not set. Add drained crushed pineapple, whole berry cranberry sauce, ⅔ cup diced celery, and ⅔ cup chopped pecans.
- Chill until firm. This festive dish brightens up the table. The gelatin can be served over green leaves or put in a crystal bowl to add a lovely color to meal.
Can put it in the freezer to cool more quickly.