Grilled Salmon with Pasta and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Are you looking for a colorful, nutrious main course? This recipe is a fantastic way to combine tomatoes and salmon into a healthy, heart-friendly meal your family will love.
Angel hair or thin spaghetti
Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Can of black olives
The trick to this dish is timing: starting the items at the proper time to get it all together and have it ready and hot at the same time. See directions for the sequence I use:
Serve grilled salmon on angel hair or thin spaghetti and spoon roasted tomato sauce over top. Garnish with basil.
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 4 Cups Whole Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Chopped garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced olives, drained
- Additional basil leaves for garnish
- Start water for pasta to boil, preheat grill and oven before starting sauce preparation.
- Prepare the tomatoes for roasting.
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Procedure:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine first 5 ingredients (though basil) in bowl and toss to coat
- Line cookie sheet with foil
- Place tomato mixture on cookie sheet and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes split open.
- Gather up foil and transfer roasted tomatoes and liquid into bowl.
- Add olives and toss to combine.
- When the water is hot (but not yet boiling) start roasting the tomatoes.
- After tomatoes have started roasting, start grilling the salmon.
- When about 10 mins are left on the tomatoes, add the pasta to the boiling water (less if using fresh pasta or angel hair).
- Remove the tomatoes and add black olives to finish the sauce. Drain the pasta.
- Serve grilled salmon on angel hair or thin spaghetti and spoon roasted tomato sauce over top. Garnish with basil.