As the cold winter weather approaches the good old barbeque grill is used less and less. Here is a delicious meal to use the grill before you pack it up for the winter. While this may be the perfect meal any time of year on the grill it is especially good on a cold evening to warm your belly.
Ingredients You Need
• 2 Pounds of 85% Ground Beef
• ½ Pound of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
• ¼ Pound of Peperoni
• 1 Large Onion
• 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
• 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 2 Teaspoons Salt
• 1 Teaspoon Pepper
• 1 Package of Bacon
• ½ Cup Gorgonzola Cheese
• 1 Stick of Butter
• 6 Large Hamburger Buns
• 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
• 2 Large Heirloom Tomatoes
Supplies You Need
• Cutting Board
• Sharp Paring Knife
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Large Mixing Spoon
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• Small Sauce Pan
• Medium Frying Pan
• Large Platter
• Large Burger Flipper
Making the Burgers
• Peel the outer layer off the onion and chop it into tiny little pieces using your cutting board and paring knife.
• Take your large mixing bowl and add the ground beef, chopped onion, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well with your large mixing spoon to ensure all the meat is seasoned. Set aside.
• Cut the sharp cheddar cheese and pepperoni into ¼ inch cubes. Set aside in a bowl.
• Turn your grill on now to ensure enough time to heat up to a good temperature.
• Using your frying pan cook the bacon thoroughly and set on paper towels to remove excess grease. Set aside.
• Take your hamburger and divide it into six equal parts for approximately 1/3 pound burgers. Take each of the six hamburger servings and divide them in half and flatten the meat into 12 flat patties.
• Put 6 hamburger patties on the platter and place chunks of cheddar and pepperoni in the center of each patty. Put the 6 remaining patties on top of each one and pinch around the edge to secure the goodies in the middle.
• Place the six burgers on the grill for approximately 5 minutes each side and until the internal temperature is 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Place the stick of butter and gorgonzola in the small sauce pan and melt them together on low heat stirring occasionally.
• Slice the tomato and lettuce and place on a plate for serving.
Serving the Burgers
The best way to serve these burgers is to open the buns on each plate and place one stuffed burger on the bottom half. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of gorgonzola butter on top of the burger and then place two slices of bacon on top of that. Put a slice of lettuce and tomato on the top half of the bun. Serve open face so each person can add condiments to their liking. Enjoy!