Homemade Herb Stuffing Recipe
One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving dinner is the homemade herb stuffing cooked inside the turkey. Whether you prefer to cook stuffing in a baking dish or inside the turkey this is the perfect herb stuffing recipe to try this year. Pick up a loaf of French bread and read on to learn how to make your own homemade herb stuffing.
- 12 Cups of Bread Cubes (1 Loaf French Bread)
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Apple
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Take your loaf of French bread and cut it into ½ inch squares and place them on the cookie sheet. Place them into the oven until they become slightly dry. This will vary based on the moistness of the bread so watch it very carefully.
- Measure 12 cups of the bread cubes and place them into your mixing bowl. Then take your saucepan and melt the 6 tablespoons of butter on low until fully melted. Pour the melted butter evenly onto the bread cubes. Mix well.
- Next you want to chop the onion and add it to the mix along with the salt, parsley, sage, thyme and rosemary. Mix together well and then slowly pour the cup of chicken broth as you mix the bread cubes.
- Finally peel and chop your apple and add 1 cup of it to the stuffing along with the raisins and dried cranberries. Mix all the ingredients together well and set aside. Now your stuffing is ready to be stuffed into the turkey or baked in a baking dish. This is enough stuffing for approximately a 12 pound turkey.