Roasted Italian Vegetables over Quinoa
• Prep Time: 10 mins
• Cook Time: 25 mins
• Total Time: 35 minutes
• Yield: 4-6
• 1 box mushrooms
• 2-3 potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
• 1 small box cherry tomatoes
• 2 zucchini or yellow squash cut into bite size half moons
• 8-10 garlic cloves
• Olive oil
• 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• Salt and pepper
• Parmesan cheese
• Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut up the vegetables and put them and the garlic in a large bowl. Add generous amount of olive oil to coat the vegetables. Add oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and toss.
3. Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet.
4. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. While vegetables are cooking, make quinoa. (Use 1 cup quinoa to 1 3/4 cup broth to cook quinoa. Bring broth to boil, add quinoa, and simmer for 15-20 min.)
6. Once quinoa is done, serve quinoa on plate and spoon vegetables on top.
7. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and pepper on top and serve.