When you are in the mood for an oriental dish without leaving the comfort of your home this is a great choice. Chicken fried rice is packed with all the great flavors and easy to make. This meal will feed the whole family and does not take much time to prepare. Read on to learn how to make this delicious dish.
Ingredients You Need
• 1 Cup Diced Cooked Chicken Breast
• 1 Cup Uncooked Long-Grain Rice
• ½ Cup Chopped Onion
• ¼ Cup Chopped Red Bell Pepper
• ¼ Cup Chopped Celery
• 1 Cup Chopped Cabbage
• 2 Eggs
• ½ Teaspoon Salt
• 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
• 1/3 Cup Salad Oil
• 2 ½ Cups of Chicken Broth
Supplies You Need
• Large Skillet with Lid
• Measuring Spoons
• Measuring Cups
• Mixing Spoon
Making the Meal
• In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, diced chicken and salt. Set aside. In your large skillet combine the hot oil and rice. Place the skillet on medium over a burner and cook until the rice becomes golden brown in color. Make sure you constantly stir the rice as it can burn.
• Reduce the heat to low one the rice is the right color and add your chicken broth and bowl of chicken, soy sauce and salt. Mix it together well and then place the lid over the skillet. Simmer for about 25 minutes then remove the cover and add your onion, bell pepper and celery. Simmer on medium until liquid is absorbed.
• Using your mixing spoon push the rice to the edges of the skillet creating a clear space in the middle to cook in. Crack and pour both eggs into the free space of the skillet and cook until it is about half done. Then mix the egg into the rice so it completely cooks and remove from heat and cover.
• Once you are ready to eat, mix in the cabbage and serve immediately with the option of additional soy sauce to pour over the top. Enjoy!