Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 24 bars
A delicious and more healthy variation on crispy rice squares. This version uses granola and raisin nut bran (trust me on this one) along with peanut butter and sliced almonds to up the protein and fiber. Yummy, and great for the lunch bag or backpacking.
- 3 cups granola
- 3 cups Raisin Nut Bran Cereal (or other flake and fruit cereal)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 package marshmallows (10 oz)
- Pam, butter, olive oil, or margarine for greasing pan
- Grease a 9X13 pan with Pam, butter, olive oil or margarine
- Pre-mix first three ingredients in a bowl.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and marshmallows.
- Microwave in 30 second increments until marshmallows are melted (60-90 seconds).
- Stir with rubber spatula to mix well.
- Working quickly, add cereal mix to marshmallow mixture stir until well combined.
- Grease hands with Pam or other oil. Pour mixture into pan and press down with fingertips.
- Keep pressing, removing gaps and smoothing top until even.
- Let cool. Cut into squares.