Make-Ahead Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onions, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 16 oz box of mushroom, sliced or chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar and mozzarella cheese (mix)
- Garnish with parsley (optional)
- Preheat 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Grease a 10 inch dutch oven and preheat to 325 degrees.
- Cut up vegetables.
- In 12 inch skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions and sauté until they are soft.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sauté for two more minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for two minutes.
- Transfer the veggies to prepared 10 inch dutch oven.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the dutch oven.
- Cook in dutch oven for 40 min at 325.
- Add cheese to top and cook for additional 10 minutes.